Distrix Android Add On
Monitoring and control of software and devices through mobile device applications is a great way to improve the customer experience for new and legacy systems. The problem is how to implement secure mobile communications without incurring the overhead of traditional VPN solutions.
The Distrix Android Add On provides Android developers with secure and reliable information exchange for distributed systems. Developers can add direct peer-to-peer communications between Android devices or use Distrix to simplify integration with cloud services. Whether building a new system or adding mobile device support to existing systems, the Distrix Android Add On is simple and flexible way to integrate Android applications with new and legacy systems.
The Distrix Android Add On includes:
- Complete Distrix Core Services run time
- Thread-safe API for building multi-threaded applications
- Support for TCP, UDP, Serial, and SSL protocols
- Server-side support enabling Android Linux applications to act as Distrix servers
- Support for push applications via bidirectional connections, so remote servers can invoke operations on Distrix objects implemented in an Android device, even in the presence of firewalls
- Full interoperability with existing Distrix applications, written in any supported language and running on any supported operating system
- Compatible with Android 2.3 or later
What you need
To get started with the Distrix Android Add On you'll need:
- A development machine running Ubuntu Linux, Apple Mac OS X, or Microsoft Windows
- The free Android SDK, which includes an Android emulator or a device running one of the supported Android versions.
- Eclipse ADT plugin if you plan to use Eclipse.
- Distrix System Builder 2.3.1 or higher
- Distrix Android Add On
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.